Friday, November 25, 2011

I love Thanksgiving.  It has always been my favorite holiday.  And for good reason too.  Gifts.  No one stresses out about gifts on Thanksgiving.  It's about family, friends, food, and most of all, being thankful for what you have.  It isn't a time to dwell on the things you don't have. 


This  Thanksgiving, Paul and I went to his parent's house.  We went there last year too.  Paul's nephew, Jonathan, surprised everyone this year.  He had said that he wouldn't be able to come home and celebrate with the family,  but on Wednesday he came home and surprised his mom where she works.  It was good to see him.  
The best part of this year's Thanksgiving didn't even happen on the actual day, but rather today.  Paul and I gathered at his parent's house again today for a lunch of left overs.  While we were still seating ourselves and getting ready for prayer, Paul's dad announced that he felt very blessed today because for the first time in his life, he understood who Jesus is.  It was an announcement that brought him (and almost me) to tears.  He said that this year he truly had something to be thankful for.  I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment